Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Pink Tie Strikes Twice

I haven't finished with the Suited up guy with the pink tie. There is more. I just couldn't write the rest because Ming came into the store all dodgy like, and I needed to secure an hour extra on my work shedule. He tried to set up a fight between me and Herr Starr, claiming it was Herr who decided to close earlier midweek. I lost an hour and I needed to corner him and make sure he didn't cheat me.

Sometimes working at the store is like dealing with the Black market and all the shifty people within. I mean, there are days where I wake up and feel for my kidneys. Just to make sure they are still there. My soul being there is always questioned...you get the drift.

So after the Suit with the pink tie and his friend who had fluffy hair but a greasy smile had stopped talking to me, they really didn't have much of a choice, once someone stares at you with contempt, conversation somewhat dwindles. I slowly walk to the counter.

Rubbing my face in my hands I hear this voice:
"Excuse me, do you have any of those violent sexual comics?"
He is not talking to me, right? I look around, hoping one of my co-workers will pick up the slack. Everyone grins and they don't say a word.
Bastards.

"No sir, we are a family store" I drool out.
"What are they called when they come from Japan?" Pink Tie asks.
"Hentai?"I say in a low voice. And when I was about to open my mouth to tell him that he has to go somewhere else, preferably under a rock as it is dropped from a very high place to oblitirate his pathetic existance, I stupidly make eye contact.

"HENTAI! THAT'S IT!" He yells out.
The 17 odd people in the store turn to look.
"Where can you get it? Can you get it in?" He says in a hushed voice, raised eyebrow leaning towards me.
"No...we are a family store...." I take a deep sigh, my face so red you could probably throw me in front of a bull and it would have been a sweet death at that moment.
"Know where I can get it?" He grins at me.

Oh ew. Ew.

Fucking ew.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker